PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE IS NO LONGER ANY WATER OR TOILET DISPOSAL FACILITIES AVAILABLE AT THE VENUE
Camping and Social – CAMPING YES / SOCIAL NO
Unfortunately due to the present situation, there will not be a marquee, barbeque or cabaret at this years event. However, if you still intend staying overnight then please note the following:
- AIRFIELD GATES WILL BE LOCKED 7PM – 6AM OVERNIGHT
- ANYONE ARRIVING ON FRIDAY MUST ENTER VIA HONEYBOTTOM LANE (SEE MAP UNDER HOW TO FIND US).
- UPON ARRIVAL YOU MUST REGISTER WITH THE ORGANISERS AND OBTAIN A WRISTBAND FOR THE SPRINT ON SATURDAY – CONTACT DAVE WHYMAN ON 07831 671308 PLEASE NOTE: DIFFERENT WRISTBANDS ARE REQUIRED FOR EACH DAY
- CAMPING IS ONLY PERMITTED IN THE DESIGNATED AREA (NO CAMPING IN PADDOCKS, RUNWAYS, PERI ROADS OR SERVICE AREAS).
- SOCIAL DISTANCING AND SANISATION MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES
- TAKE ALL RUBBISH AND LITTER HOME WITH YOU
- NO THROW-AWAY BBQ’S OR OPEN FIRES ARE PERMITTED
- NO TRAILERS ARE PERMITTED IN CAMPING AREAS OR ON APPROACH ROADS – UNLOAD AND PARK IN THE TRAILER PARK
Looking for a return to normal in 2021….
CAR-NIVAL MARQUEE: Normally on Saturday night the CAR-nival Marquee would hosts a licenced bar, a great value BBQ and Pig Roast. The bar opens from 4pm on Saturday and 1pm on Sunday with the cabaret starting at 9pm in the marquee. PLEASE SUPPORT OUR TRADERS WHEN POSSIBLE TO ENSURE THEIR CONTINUED SUPPORT. We endeavour to have a large screen TV available during the weekend showing (amongst other things) The Canadian Grand Prix.
SOAK UP THE CAR-NIVAL ATMOSPHERE NEXT YEAR
Also on Saturday evening there would be the now-infamous entertainment from two top comedians from clubland (Starting at 9pm – Adult humour is always a strong possibility).
Be early as seating is often at a premium and late-comers often bear the brunt of the humour.
With 100’s of people camping and caravaning, there’s always someone to sit down and have a beer or chat with (most likely both), there’s no need to pre-book and it’s free of charge. Why sit huddled up around your tent when there’s fun to be had in the CAR-nival Marquee.
CAR-nival is about having fun so free camping is encouraged and permitted on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. There are designated ‘Tent Only’ area where the grass has been specially cut – No parking for Caravans, Vans or Trailers.
We ask you to be courteous and considerate to other ‘campers’, especially music and noise after 11pm. Please take away everything you bring especially barbeques, broken chairs and tents – We send our thanks to the individual who last year left us their burnt out generator which cost the charities money to dispose of as every pound we spend is a pound less for the good causes!
Toilet facilities will provided but please note their are NO CHEMICAL TOILET disposal facilities. We strongly recommend that you bring adequate provisions with you (Especially Water).
- PLEASE NOTE: Camping or sleeping in Service Vans is not permitted on Saturday Night and please note open fires are totally prohibited in all areas.
- OPEN FIRES ARE NOT PERMITTED
Hotels: There are a wide range of hotels, Inns and B & B’s in the area but please be warned that this is early summer on the edge of the Cotswolds so accommodation can be scarce and we are afraid, fairly expensive.
Here’s a few suggestions within 10 miles:
- Apple Cart Premier Inn – Didcot
- The Courtyard by Marriott – Didcott
- Premier Inn Abingdon
- Four Pillars – Abingdon
- Premier Inn- Abingdon
- Ramada Oxford
- Jury’s Inn Oxford
- Hampton By Hilton Oxford
- Holiday Inn Express
Please note that these are only suggestions and are not recommendations – No responsibility is inferred or accepted.