The CAR-nival Autosolo is in its 15th year and is a qualifying round of a number of Autosolo championships including the prestigious 2018 BTRDA Autosolo Championship, supported by Demon Tweeks. Run by our friends at Dolphin Motor Club, further information will appear as it becomes available.
Autosolos are a great form of grass-roots motorsport, the Abingdon CAR-nival is considered to be one of the most testing events in the country. There are 2 levels of event, a ‘National B’ event for experienced licence holders and championship contenders whilst there is also a ‘Clubman’ event for those just starting out.
There’s no need for safety helmets or special clothing so all you need is a suitable car and a willingness to have fun…
We expect around 40 competitors will take part in the 4 separate tests held on the cross runway to the South of the event Marquee, access is via what will become the Rally Service Area, following the fence line to the Main Crash Gate.
Past Winners of the CAR-nival Autosolo
- 2007 Barrie Parker – Lotus Elise
- 2008 Steve Woodings – Mazda MX5
- 2009 Steve Woodings – Mazda MX5
- 2010 Andrew Thompson – Caterham 7
- 2011 Kevin Belcher – Subaru Impreza
- 2012 Kevin Belcher – Subaru Impreza
- 2013 Stuart Harrison – GBS Zero GT
- 2014 Mike Biss – Mazda MX5
- 2015 Liam Rollings – Austin Mini 1310
- 2016 Stuart Harrison—GBS Zero GT
- 2017 Jim Bryant – Mazda MX5
For more information about the autosolo contact Robert.Muttram@gmail..com